GERMIN and the Global Albanians Foundation are working together to establish the “Global Albanian Health Professionals COVID-19 Response Team” — a collaborative network of Albanians working in health care, public health and research and involved in the fight against COVID in all corners of the world.
The Global Albanians COVID-19 Response Team Network that will provide a concrete opportunity for strengthening the joint COVID response and will contribute to the ongoing response efforts led by the Ministries of Health of Albania and Kosovo.
- Create a Global Network of Albanian Healthcare Professionals, Public Health Professionals, Researchers, and others working in the healthcare sector which could develop and contribute ideas for policy recommendations and measures to address the COVID-19 outbreak in Albania, Kosova, and Northern Macedonia.
- Develop collaborative relationships between Albanian Diaspora Professionals and public, private, not-for-profit, and international organizations in Albania, Kosova, and Northern Macedonia.
- Organize online meetings and panel discussions where Albanian Healthcare and Public Health Professionals, Researchers, and others working in the healthcare sector can come together to discuss issues related to the COVID-19 response.
- Develop a moderated online platform to provide resources for response to the COVID-19 pandemic and share information and experiences from around the world to help develop capacity and critically assess policies and interventions in our homeland countries.
- Prepare a position paper on pandemic response in Kosova and Albania considering the latest evidence and contextual factors.