Position: Finance Manager
Application Deadline: 20 October 2022
Preferable starting Date: 01 November 2022
Location: Prishtina, Kosova
Background: GERMIN is a non-governmental organization whose core principles and ideals are based on the belief that the Albanian Diaspora must play an extensive and proactive role in the positive development of all countries in the Balkans where Albanians live.
Finance Manager’s responsibilities and duties: The Financial Manager will be working directly in the following activities throughout his/her tenure at GERMIN:
- Developing, maintaining, and monitoring project plans, project schedules, budgets, cash flow, and expenditures related to GERMIN and GAF;
- Anticipating financial bottlenecks through sound financial management NGOs needs;
- Monthly, quarterly, and annual budgeting, planning process, and reporting and comparison of actual to planned budgets and expenses;
- Perform deep analysis to develop recommendations and impact the financial management decision making;
- Managing and coordinating monthly reporting, budgeting and forecast processes based on projects;
- Providing back-office services such as accounts payable, accounts receivable, and payroll;
- Reconciling daily, monthly and yearly transactions; and reporting these on monthly basis to Germin and the GAF;
- Identifying auditors to carry out year-end financial audits, and making sure that auditors have all of the information required for a complete audit;
- Maintain HR systems and processes;
- Provide support and guidance to HR staff;
- Analyze trends in compensation and benefits
- To perform other duties as assigned by the head of organization.
The Finance Manager will help to manage and oversee the finances of GERMIN and the Global Albanians Foundation (GAF) in the USA, Kosova, and Albania. The Finance Manager has to skillfully manage both organizations regarding the budget, potential bottlenecks, financial balance, and budget analyses.
For these portions of work, the employee will report to the Germin co-Executive Directors and the chair of the Global Albanians Foundation (GAF).
- Minimum: Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or related field;
- 3+ years of progressive experience in financial analysis roles (preferably in non-government and non-profit organizations);
- Strong knowledge of finance and accounting principles;
- Analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Exceptional verbal and written skills in both English and Albanian;
- Competency in QuickBooks and other financial management software;
- Competency in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, and Outlook;
- Competency in Google applications including Google Docs, Google Sheets (Google Queues is an advantage);
- Knowledge of file management, and other administrative procedures;
- Ability to work full-time and on tight deadlines and;
- Ability to work independently with minimal oversight;
- Preferably previous experience in the human resources field
- Team-worker, communicative and with strong interpersonal skills.
All interested candidates should send their CV and a Letter of Motivation via email at [email protected] latest by 16th of October 2022. Women and Men are equally encouraged to apply for this position. When sending the application, please add the subject line: FINANCE MANAGER. Please note that only applicants that are shortlisted will be notified for an interview.